Christopher Webster [Celluloid 07.04.11] post apocalyptic zombies movie news

Director Marc Forster is finally filming World War Z in Malta and a people are going bugnuts over Brad Pitt, snapping pics left, right and centre. These first images from the film's massive set show the film's staggering scale and give you a sense as to why the film was delayed for so long. Pitt, Forster and all at Plan B obviously want to do this one right.

Synopsis:
Pitt plays Max Brooks - the real-life author of the fictional book - who scours the world collecting the stories and experiences of those who have survived ten years after the human victory over the world wide Zombie epidemic, referred to as World War Z.

These scenes were set in Israel, which in the book is the only country in the world to close its borders and initiate a national quarantine against the zombie outbreak.

At first I thought these images were from "The Ferry" in the script I read a while back, but it look like they may be from earlier on in the movie, when Pitt is merely entering a new country to talk to a survivor.

You can check out the first behind the scenes pics for Word War Z after the break.

Images from dailymail (via: 28DLA)

soma (8 years ago) Reply

casting for the UK - if you wanna be a zombie for a few days. Could be fun. http://www.acting-auditions.org/2011/05/paramount-pictures-film-world-war-z.html

firejoe29 (8 years ago) Reply

PG13....nooooo

anonymous (8 years ago) Reply

I can't see the photo's because your super annoying advertising is over the top of them and can't be 'closed'. I guess i will just hang out at a different site.

chuck (8 years ago) Reply

Hey anon- I can see the content just fine- maybe the problem is on your end. By all means though, take your toys and go home if you're not getting your money's worth. Boo fucking hoo!

chuck (8 years ago) Reply

BTW- This looks like the palestinian family's border crossing into Israel.

Yeah i guess my 'safari' browser is really unique. BTW who's idea is it anyway to have advertising OVER the images you are tying to look at. Don't worry its only the reason people come here to read stories they can't read. Professional ways to do things...

I love this site but i am not going to fight google adds to read or see it.

I only came back here once to look at your response. I've packed up my toys.

Hot Fuzz (8 years ago) Reply

First of all, it is your browser. Second of all, you just have to SCROLL UP OR DOWN and the ad moves away from the image. Hardly rocket science.

Also, you've been on the internet before right? You know about advertising right? It's called an "ad blocker". Google it.

chuck (8 years ago) Reply

"I only came back here once to look at your response." aka "I had to come back to see if my trolling would pay off."

What's your FARK handle?

mate your clearly in love with advertising for some reason, its not Trolling to complain about popups in the middle of the page, its pretty easy to put adds at the side or top, perhaps you have been on the internet before? I dont' intend to search around for some stupid blocker download, smartly designed sites don't annoy people like this.

chuck (8 years ago) Reply

Didn't the door already hit you in the arse? As has already been pointed out, the problem is on your end. I hit this site daily for film news and discussion this particular bit of news is exciting. Here you are getting snotty and sh*tting on our good time. What axe do you have to grind? Who's payroll are you on? More importantly- what is your favorite film? If you want to kvetch about advertising go check out Consumerist.

Hey all. We definitely don't want ads to get in the way of the content, so thanks for pointing out your issue.

In our quest to figure out how to make the site sustainable we are indeed looking into a redesign that would help incorporate advertising in a tasteful manner (ie. new sidebar etc). That takes time though and we all thank you all for sticking around and focusing on the movies while we get there.

Peace!

AO

Awesome thanks. love this site and look forward to the new design.

Supercharged (8 years ago) Reply

Don't worry so much about the advertising. It'll only effect a very small amount of people that think it's cool to use a browser that's not widely supported by many. IE and Firefox work just fine and go figure that's the browser used by 98% of the surfers out there. Cool site guys.

glennco (8 years ago) Reply

great, another potentially good movie ruined by putting brad pitt in it

uglypedro (8 years ago) Reply

"another potentially good movie ruined by putting brad pitt in it"...huh? Which movies are you referring to?
My thinking is that if it wasn't for a big name actor like Pitt, the $$ needed for a movie with the scale of WWZ wouldn't be there and it would suck. It might still suck, but I think Pitt's name behind it lessons the possibility of that happening.

Harry Fletcher (8 years ago) Reply

Firefox and Adblock Plus ...problems solved :)

I hope the film is more interesting than the seriously dull book.

Diggler (8 years ago) Reply

The super annoying advertising is keeping the super great site online. I think you maybe need another browser. I am using Firefox without issues.

uglypedro (8 years ago) Reply

Thanks harry! Now everyone knows to ignore everything else thst might spew from keyboard.
I mean really, you sould start with opinions that are just alittle different, then after gaining others trust you go in for the kill/retarded statement.

I hate republicans. So much.