Christopher Webster [Celluloid 07.27.11] movie trailer news scifi action

I have not been keeping tabs on Peter Berg's Battleship based on Hasbro's classic naval combat game. For one, it's based on Hasbro's classic naval combat game. But, the trailer just landed and, while the first minute or so makes it looks the most epic piece of poorly written cliched crap, things at least look up when the muthafuggingtransformers arrive!!(?)

Synopsis:
"Battleship" stars Taylor Kitsch as Hopper, a Naval officer assigned to the USS John Paul Jones; Brooklyn Decker as Sam, a physical therapist and Hopper's fiancée; Alexander Skarsgård as Hopper's older brother, Commanding Officer Stone of the USS Samson; Rihanna as Lt. Raikes, Hopper's crewmate and a weapons specialist on the USS John Paul Jones; and international superstar Liam Neeson as Hopper and Stone's superior (and Sam's father), Admiral Shane.

So anyway, yes this looks kind of bad... so why am I totally intrigued?

Battleship is set to be released May 18, 2012.

Check out the first trailer below.

wtf (7 years ago) Reply

cut out the "siriwanttomarryyourdaughter" filler lovestory shit and it's gonna be one of the best movies next year.

JohnnyVengeance (7 years ago) Reply

Ummm, I kinda need to see this. It's going to be amazing and bad.

JUDGE FARGO (7 years ago) Reply

Liam Neeson needs the money.

wow. I don't want to have to wait for 2012!

That just looks so beautiful. Clear sunny day out on the ocean.

revenant (7 years ago) Reply

They have to put in the love story. That way they sell more tickets to teenage girls. They don't care about making a good movie, they want to fill seats.

donc48 (7 years ago) Reply

I thought Transformors meets In Harms Way.

Winn (7 years ago) Reply

Ah I get it.

The shield the UFO(?) puts up is the game zone.
Then the camera zooms out to show the position of the players ships.

Then it's the aliens turn. When it fires those dart things it made a correct guess and it one of the ships.

where's Rhianna?

Rook (7 years ago) Reply

While I am glad that the USN is finally getting it's cinematic due, I suspect this will sink...and quickly. Liam Neeson is the master of B movies (such a shame because he is a good actor) and this trailer is just packed with rip-offs. But worse of all - I just don't recall Transformers in my game of Battleship! Am I playing with an older edition!?! :-)

Speedy (7 years ago) Reply

Why is it so hard for people to handle the idea of an alien race that comes to earth, but can not "Identify" the humans? Maybe the aliens can not see under a yellow sun, maybe they have Perl-o-sensitive shades on.

While the preview does not give much away, I suspect the aliens have closed off the "fight area" and are blindly trying to sink the human ships. (Be VERY quite, the aliens are hunting humans...")

rek (7 years ago) Reply

This

looks

terrible.

ker (7 years ago) Reply

This

looks

awesome.

Wayne (7 years ago) Reply

I am bored already

Uh, this movie looks worse than "The Room". What's next, a movie about real estate speculation set in Atlantic City?

Halen (7 years ago) Reply

Yes because you know to make a movie based off a kids game! may as well add sex and aliens to it.....Garbage Just Like Transformers 2!!

Heres an idea stop wasting time on bullshit movies and remakes..i mean dirty dancing for fuck sakes the guy just passed not long ago!! Why did they end the writers strike in hollywood? no is writing anything original why bother paying writers to date they have just stolen and ruined a shit load of great 80s flicks and re destroyed a bunch of 80s shit!! I refuse to pay for a single movie ticket again until originality reappeares..I paid for half this shit in the 80s im not paying twice to see the exact same movies!! This is garbage