Christopher Webster [Celluloid 08.15.11] post apocalyptic zombies movie news gallery

If memory serves, Asylum hasn't produced a zombie film since the mixed bag that was I am Omega. We'll in the wake of Walking Dead, the upcoming World War Z film and, well, just zombie mania in general, the famous mockbuster production company is bringing the dead back to life in Zombie Apocalypse.

Synopsis:
ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE is an action packed adventure about a band of humans trying to survive a post-apocalyptic world full of flesh-hungry zombies.

Months after a zombie plague has wiped out 90 percent of the American population, a small group of survivors fight their way cross-country to a rumored refuge on the island of Catalina.

The films has managed to get a cast in Ving Rhames, Taryn Manning, Lesley-Ann Brandt, Johnny Pacar, and Eddie Steeples star in the film directed by Nick Lyon.

Check out some images from the film below.

Some of the images found on Beyond Hollywood

Even more images here.

I like the third photo.

The Asylum shouldn't be allow to make movies. They only do it to trick people into buying them.

The zombies look terrible. Why do all their cloths look like someone took too them with a pair of scissors?

Yeah, the zombie make up is crap just like in I Am Omega.

Michael Allen (8 years ago) Reply

I think they are trying to produce a legit film here, from my research. This is one of their first films with actual decent actors e.g. Ving Rhames, Gary Weeks etc. Although, Bill Oberst Jr. is pretty good in the stuff he does for The Asylum. I just wonder what the budget is for this one.

Omg, these captchas are getting harder and harder. The first word looks like Hindi.

SeeminglySquare (8 years ago) Reply

Ugh... that is some of the worst zombie make-up ever.

donc48 (8 years ago) Reply

I have to agree about the Zombies, and about the third photo. What is it about PA movies that somebody has to have hair that looks like rats have been playing in it? I like the second photo with Ving Rhames about to club some Zombie with a sledgehammer, and some guy looking on looking very unconcerned. The Caption should read, “Dude hurry up Starbucks is about the close”. Well I thought it was funny

J.J. (8 years ago) Reply

Isn't this the plot to World of the Dead?

AnchorBayUK (8 years ago) Reply

This is one of The Asylum's biggest production budgets to-date and I think it shows in the cast and quality.

Aladdin Sarsippius (7 years ago) Reply

If that's not makeup on Mr. flabby ass biceps
Ving Rhames left arm he should have a Rx look at it.

Great more swelled up pumpkin head prosthesis zombies!
Can't wait /sarc