Christopher Webster [Celluloid 10.20.11] movie trailer action noir

Albert Pyun's got a new vision on the way. It's called Road to Hell and it's hard-boiled in almost every way. Visually, he's going for something bright, bold and drastically stylized and you can see that he's inspired by Sin City. You have to give the independent producer/director credit for producing his singular visions, but based on what I'm seeing in terms of performance, and the fact that it looks like the whole movie takes place in a car, I'm wondering if Road to Hell will be received somewhat negatively like his last green-screen heavy Tales of An Ancient Empire.

Synopsis:
In the middle of nowhere, between Hell and Purgatory, a cruel twist of fate fall between a tortured serial killer and a pair of beautiful spree killers.

Road to Hell is directed by Albert Pyun, written by Cynthia Curnan and this trailer edited by Daniel Ray Gutierrez.

Check it out below.

You might like: Left for Dead

(7 years ago) Reply

Wow. This looks terrible.

Albert Pyun (7 years ago) Reply

Yeah, its definitely for everyone. The end of the film takes place in Vegas (doubling as Edge City). But this was something I wanted to try and hopefully it might find a fan or two. Its very much like a theatrical play and its the sort of minimalist and surreal cinema I enjoyed growing up. Hopefully, a little Godard , Warhol, Brackhage and Jodoworsky like. Super surreal and not traditional narritive structure. And you're right Agent orange - it will get its share of slings and arrows. But I'm willing to endure that to get these movies done my way. My next film Red Moon is much more back the grindhouse type action film set in a post apocalyptic world. Anyway, thanks for the attention and support QE!

Albert Pyun
facebook / Albert Pyun Movies

(7 years ago) Reply

I meant "NOT" for everyone...sorry...

(7 years ago) Reply

I usually like Pyun's stuff, but this really looks bad ... and cheap. It doesnt even remotely look like Streets Of Fire.

shiteater (7 years ago) Reply

Well Cyborg changed my life as a child and the Sword and Sorcerer is amazing. At the root of driving my love for cinema and genre film making. Though not everything Albert does is GOLD, I think his CPT AMERICA is actually a good movie, he still is obviously having fun and staying busy. I liked all the tag lines towards the beginning. Albert, write a film and let me direct it. I won't disappoint you.

(7 years ago) Reply

Looks good! Michael's still hot!

(7 years ago) Reply

Aim for the toilet is more it. I mean come on this has to be a joke.

Martin (7 years ago) Reply

Isn't this movie already a few years old?

Coop (7 years ago) Reply

It's worth noting that this is a loose sequel to Walter Hill's 1984 cult classic STREETS OF FIRE. The songs played in the trailer are from that film. I give Albert a lot of credit for experimenting with this idea. I always said if there was one film I'd like to see as a broadway musical, it would be an adaptation of STREETS OF FIRE.

Albert Pyun (7 years ago) Reply

FYI - one reason the material looks dodgy in quality is that the camera we used for the film had a lot of tech issues. The Panasonic techs accidently set deep menus within the camera's electronics wrong. So we ended up with a lot of what's called noise and also hard edging. It's been a terrible problem to correct and we've tried using a number of systems to fix it but is really a frame by frame correction. Time consuming and still the results are problematic to the point where all the BG's will have to be done and re-comped. A nightmare that is my personal road to Hell. But I think fans of SoF will like the film's celebration of the world of rock n' roll fables. The last ten minutes of RTH are the best 10 minutes of any movie I made. And yes, my intent was to create an opera or musical, hence the very theatrical presentation. Iy's definitely not for everyone but it was made from my heart and soul. A pure creative expression.

Albert Pyun

(7 years ago) Reply

Michael Pare still has star quality... I'd love to see him in something a bit larger in scope. I think he would be great.