quietearth [Celluloid 05.21.12] Brazil cyberpunk scifi arthouse

Two years back we brought you a stunning trailer for this short which the entire film world picked up. However, director Ebbeto failed to tell anyone when he put the full thing online, but in pieces. We just talked him into uploading the full 27 minute short and it is stunning, and below.

ANALOG tells the tale of a machine traveling in deep-space which has as a primary function the preservation of a living organism: a man. Strange events with biblical analogies begin to occur, disturbing the machine and making it rethink it’s priorities.

Bath badgering (8 years ago) Reply

Boring... Got 5 mins in, it felt like a lot longer!

Digger (8 years ago) Reply

That's better than I did. 4.10 and got nowhere. As an aside, some of the very 1st sounds are taken directly from the movie Alien.

donc48 (8 years ago) Reply

Ok I sat though all 27 minutes and 36 seconds. First this is not for everybody, if your tastes is for Zombies and flaming wrecks and shoot ups you wont like this. I sat though it all becouse some pretty good shorts have trooped through here so I was willing to give it a chance. This was little to high brow for me, and I love Scifi. If your tastes drift into the experimental or looking for something REAL different give this a look, but be warned it's slow starter.

Bath badgering (8 years ago) Reply

It's not that I don't like different or experimental... I search them out and have quite a high threshold when it comes to a nice concept. However, dull is dull and bad cgi is bad cgi...

sci-oop (8 years ago) Reply

What about narrative? What about trying to do a film on a low or non-existent budget? Actually, how many of you have had the balls to make a movie yourselves? The movie has excellent qualities. And one can see clearly a well crafted vision of sci-fi. The movie boasts of good shots and story-boarding. Indeed, I agree totally with donc48! This is NOT a movie for everyone. If you prefer more action packed stuff,I suggest watching Jurassic Park, or some evil thing like Independence Day. If you dig those types of movies, then perhaps you should seek another site to hamper with your comments.

ANGUSTIADO B. (8 years ago) Reply

Masterpiece! Bright, intelligent, strange, subtle, dark, poetic. Very personal and unique. Close in some aspects of amotmosphères present in 2001 (kubrick) and Solaris (Tarkovsky). A film for connoisseurs .. far from bland Hollywood productions .. A REAL talent! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Mudbox (7 years ago) Reply

The girl robot's tits are too big.

Mudbox (7 years ago) Reply

...otherwise brilliant little film. I'd like to see it produced with a real budget. You should try to kick-start it and get some $. I'll donate. Love the music. Reminds me of "Logan's Run" or "Beyond the Black Rainbow."