quietearth [Celluloid 05.09.12] United Kingdom apocalyptic comedy

This is being filed under apocalyptic since the synopsis we have below talks about the struggle .. for the future, not just theirs but humankind's. That's right, Simon Pegg and Nick Frost of Shaun of the Dead (which this sounds like) fame will be starring in this comedy which shoots in September. Don't disappoint us, Hot Fuzz sucked.

20 years after attempting an epic pub crawl, five childhood friends reunite when one of them becomes hell bent on trying the drinking marathon again. They are convinced to stage an encore by mate Gary King, a 40-year old man trapped at the cigarette end of his teens, who drags his reluctant pals to their home town and once again attempts to reach the fabled pub, The World’s End. As they attempt to reconcile the past and present, they realize the real struggle is for the future, not just theirs but humankind’s. Reaching The World’s End is the least of their worries.

Deadline

Anaerin (7 years ago) Reply

Hot... Fuzz... Sucked...? Are you truly insane? Hot Fuzz was, and is, an awesome movie, subverting and lampooning every single action-movie-cop trope there could possibly be.

And the World's End is a great little pub just outside London (Well, there are a whole bunch of them, but this one (http://maps.google.com/maps/place?q=World%27s+End&hl=en&cid=14043524236096488429) is the one I know of).

j.j. (7 years ago) Reply

Hot Fuzz? The sucky film that comes immediately to mind is PAUL. What an absolute pile of sh&t.

quietearth (7 years ago) Reply

We provide news in an editorial format. You're free to vehemently disagree and curse me out. In fact, please do! I enjoy it.

USERNAME (7 years ago) Reply

Hot Fuzz was mildly watchable and cleaver.

Scott Pilgrim was awful. Pitchfork to the eye.

Lenny (7 years ago) Reply

Funny cause I was gonna agree that HF was terrible. Tried many times to get into it and can't. SP on the other hand is one of my all time favorite movies. Seen it literally 50 times probably. Paul was kinda funny, different director tho. Of course Shawn was superb. We'll just have to wait and see about this one.

Scott Pilgrim brings the absolute worst aspects of indie/geek culture to mind numbing life. It's navel gazing, indulgent, repetitive and dull. Not to mention lacking in charm, wit or humor. I'm not at all surprised it flopped. So much for geeks running Hollywood. That another laugh. I couldn't even finish it.

j.j. (7 years ago) Reply

Thanks, dude. You confirmed my suspicions about this film. My sixth sense on bad movies is rarely wrong.

Charles Widmore (7 years ago) Reply

I'll be safe at the Winchester.

Speedy (7 years ago) Reply

Hot Fuzz was a funny movie.
Shaun of the Dead... I would have gut shot his #$%^&* fat mate 5 min in. then got somewhere safe, and WATCHED THE ZOMBIES EAT HIM!!! Totaly hated it. Almost as bad as Cloverf$%^k

Have not seen the others yet.

If this new movie relies on someone being stupid to the point of harming others, I will miss it with glee. Being criminaly stupid is not funny.

onefix (7 years ago) Reply

hated S.O.T.D.???...give your head a shake...