Christopher Webster [Cathode Ray Mission 09.04.12] post apocalyptic scifi

The entire first episode of Revolution, the new post-apocalyptic TV series from producers J.J. Abrams and director John Faverau, is up online and available to watch (in the States).

Synopsis:
Our entire way of life depends on electricity. So what would happen if it just stopped working? Well, one day, like a switch turned off, the world is suddenly thrust back into the dark ages. Planes fall from the sky, hospitals shut down, and communication is impossible. And without any modern technology, who can tell us why? Now, 15 years later, life is back to what it once was long before the industrial revolution: families living in quiet cul-de-sacs, and when the sun goes down lanterns and candles are lit.

Life is slower and sweeter. Or is it? On the fringes of small farming communities, danger lurks. And a young woman's life is dramatically changed when a local militia arrives and kills her father, who mysteriously – and unbeknownst to her – had something to do with the blackout. This brutal encounter sets her and two unlikely companions off on a daring coming-of-age journey to find answers about the past in the hopes of reclaiming the future.

Tell those of us who can't view it what you think?

MEGAT0N (5 years ago) Reply

I think it was pretty awesome. Great PA visuals, good action. I'm not sure they'll be able to keep up that pace in every episode, but I'm super stoked for the season. I'm more excited about this than I am of s3 of Walking Dead even.

pleeg3 (5 years ago) Reply

Enjoyed it but..... you ever been waiting for that big X-mas present. You hounded and hounded to open it up early and you succeed. Basically your parents just couldn't take it anymore. So what ends up happening on X-mas? You're bored to death of it and your best present on that day becomes... socks and underwear.
I guess I'm lucky I have a short attention span.
While waiting on Walking Dead to come back to life it's nice to have another PA show. Now question is will the mainstream public like it? I hope so but we're talking about people who enjoy Reality TV. My goodness Dancing With the Stars, Who Wants to Marry a Psycho Millionaire, what's wrong with the world. As for "Revolution" I'll keep watching. Hopefully NBC will keep with it, what have they got to lose?

JC (5 years ago) Reply

Sorry I thought it started off really good but just kind of went somewhat downhill. And I kept thinking is this going to be one of those I get wrapped up into and then as the season progresses get totally bored with it or the studio cancels it and wraps it up in some lame fashion. Probably sound pessimistic but...I'll stick to my movies for now.

digitalgodd (5 years ago) Reply

I liked it. It does borrow heavily from Hunger Games though. Even the lead actress looks like the twin of the hunger games chick. I can see this making it through a full season but I think viewership will be small. This may fall to the wayside like all the other PA tv shows, Jericho for example.

zombieja (5 years ago) Reply

Some good PA eye candy, but overall, it was pretty much what I expected after seeing the initial, typical Hollywood, promo photos. Needs more grit. I'll still watch it since decent PA shows are few and far between, but I don't see it lasting long, unfortunately.

Michael Allen (5 years ago) Reply

I thought it was good. It had some good dialogue and some tense scenes. I get this "Lost" vibe from it during the last scene. All that mystery, woo.

Beatnation (5 years ago) Reply

This sure it's not another The Walking Dead... Revolution sucks exactly like JJ Abrams

IVF (5 years ago) Reply

Interesting, Ill check it out. Aircraft just dont fall out of the sky like that, even in a spin there are still aerodynamics. Lets see if this falls like that. Would some sort of electrical shield also create havoc for the nervous system? Physics is a funny thing.

captain_marlow (5 years ago) Reply

Mushy...Jericho was better and The Walking Dead much better...

MeLlamo (5 years ago) Reply

does jj abrams exists or is just an studio bullcrap.
because if that guy really existed, deserved 10 times the death penalty for his idiotic plots that go nowhere but in his mind its so edgy.

First, NO ELECTRICITY, how can this as**ole defeat such a retarded plot, he probably just COPYCAT what George Carlin said on one of his presentation about the same.
His miserables plots are easily cracked, so many wasted resources with this guy is unbelievable they sill hire him, but oh i remember, retards go for marketing shiny balls and 1 line storyboard.