Christopher Webster [Cathode Ray Mission 05.07.13] post apocalyptic scifi action thriller adventure

Looks like Falling Skies won't be the only reason to watch TNT in 2014. The TV network is ordered 10 episodes of the post-apocalyptic show The Last Ship, produced by Michael Bay with plans to launch the series in 2014.

The story opens with a global catastrophe that nearly decimates the world's population. Because of its positioning, the Navy destroyer U.S.S. Nathan James avoids falling victim to the devastating tragedy. But now the crew and its captain must confront the reality of their new existence in a world where they may be among the few remaining survivors.

The Last Ship stars the awesome Rhona Mitra (Doomsday), Eric Dane (Grey's Anatomy). It is Based on William Brinkley's popular novel of the same name.

Michael Allen (9 years ago) Reply

I am not a Michael Bay fan, but I am curious to see how this develops.

redsquid (9 years ago) Reply

Does anyone in Hollywood actually read the books they option? This is nothing at all like the plot of the original. Oh wait- is it a sequal to WWZ?

donc48 (9 years ago) Reply

I'm not sure what to make of this. I'll look out for it.

pleeg3 (9 years ago) Reply

Read the book, it was great. Kind of like On the Beach but with an upbeat ending. Life goes on, of course with 1/1000000 those annoying people. Rhona Mitra I think I might be in love with you.
I hope TNT doesn't utterly destroy the story like I'm afraid Brad Pitt and Hollywood aregoing to with World War Z.
Can't wait.

pleeg3 (9 years ago) Reply

I was so excited I posted beforer I watched. After I watched I must agree with redsquld..... they nailed it. It looks like they once again "Hollywood" must have the final take. Of course that's after they've remade every halfway popular movie. Saves money for the studios, writers want to be paid for original material. So we'll take a book with a good story that we can "update" just a little, or so we'll tell the writer. It's not like people who read books actually see movies.
Rhona Mitra you're not single are you?
On the bright side, it was only a 2:30 minute preview.

Beppe (9 years ago) Reply

If Rhona is in I'm intersted!

Missphitts (9 years ago) Reply

Yep Rhona makes this something to check out. Reminds me of the comic The Massive a little bit.

guido_jenkins (9 years ago) Reply

*YAWN*

Cap (9 years ago) Reply

Looks nothing like the book which is disappointing to say the least. Might be interesting to watch if nothing else is on and it's too hot outside.

mackmeijers (9 years ago) Reply

With the world's population decimated that still leaves 9/10ths of the population intact, should be a relatively short season then :P

MrSatyre (9 years ago) Reply

"Global pandemic" is like saying "Sahara Desert". And I second guido_jenkins' *YAWN*.

moody (9 years ago) Reply