quietearth [DVD News 08.27.13] scifi horror thriller

Space horror fans take note, Stranded, starring Christian Slater is out today in all formats. This is director Roger Christian and Writer Christian Piers Betley first foray into the dark corridors of indie scifi thrills. I am looking forward to checking it out.

Synopsis:
When the isolated U.S. military moonbase is bombarded by a rogue meteor storm, Colonel Gerard Brauchman (Christian Slater) and his small crew are cut off from Earth with their life support failing.

Before long, the crew discovers the meteors harbored alien spores... and they’re replicating. Now a vicious, shape-shifting predatory life form is loose inside the crippled facility, picking off victims one by one. Locked in a desperate fight for survival, Brauchman and the terrified remaining astronauts have one final mission... keep the creature from escaping the moon and finding a new food supply on Earth.

STRANDED was produced by Mark Montague, Isabella Battiston and Kevin DeWalt, and executive produced by Dr. Leonid Shapiro, Gi Fernando, Jack Tunnicliffe, Ivan Sabourin and Kevin DeWalt.

Here's the trailer:

Missphitts (7 years ago) Reply

Am I wrong to just assume this is crap because Slater is in it? I'd love to hear otherwise but the latest track record does not inspire confidence. Love me some space horror so...

Beppe (7 years ago) Reply

The fact is the plot itself looks similar to a lot of other movies, imho.

Chocobee (7 years ago) Reply

It's crap. don't waste your time watching it.

Michael Allen (7 years ago) Reply

Hell yeah, it is crap. This one is probably one of the worst space thrillers ever released. A URL to my review is in the header.

Marina (7 years ago) Reply

Agree with Chocobee - it's not very good. So bad that I didn't finish it.

I will say this for it, the miniature work in the opening sequence is cool. If only because we don't see it used very often anymore.

Ah man, that's disappointing to hear. I'm always on the lookout for new space horror.

Fox (7 years ago) Reply

Even the crappy "X-Tro 2", compared to this boring, cheap mess of an Alien-rip-off with some Dead Space thrown in, is coming along as a masterpiece. Tells a lot about "Stranded" - here in Germany released as "The Ark".

Olav (7 years ago) Reply

Slater will be receiving a punch to the groin in the mail from me for this drivel, fucking waste of time and money.