Marina Antunes [Celluloid 08.21.14] horror

I can't remember the last time I was excited for an Eli Roth movie. Probably because I've never been excited for an Eli Roth movie. His are the kind of projects that I see when I get around to it but I have to admit that some deep and twisted side of me really wants to see The Green Inferno. Like, pronto.

The story is kind of inconsequential to the fact that with his new movie, Roth is riffing on Cannibal Holocaust, but for those that really need plot, the story centers on a group of college students who travel to Peru to protest the clear cutting of the Amazon. Here they fall into the hands of a cannibal tribe that eats them for dinner.

I wouldn't go as far as saying that there's any great amount of social commentary here but the newly minted trailer, set to Guns 'N Roses' "Welcome to the Jungle," sure is a bit of fun which makes me a bit disappointed that The Green Inferno's September release has been indefinitely slated.

Via Bloody Disgusting

Koolz (4 years ago) Reply

I am waiting for the Global Warming Idiots to have a movie where they go and try and prove the Ice is melting get stuck in the ICE and then have to eat each other to stay alive as no help comes , oh and some dark creature feats on them too!

donc48 (4 years ago) Reply

I love the idea how about a script!

Koolz (4 years ago) Reply

no scrip but let's go with it!

Ok so a bunch of Idiots decide to go out and prove the Ice is Melting in the Arctic. At the Same time there is a rumor Russia has found something at the Bottom of one of the Lakes. Something has gotten out.

The Idiots run out of supplies and no one can get to them, they talk about food they talk about eating human meat for survival if worst come to worst.
Then one night one them vanishes. This creates huge conflict in the group thinking one of them ate that person that vanished.
They hear sounds and realize there not alone, there is something out there in the darkness of night out on the ice.
There is no happy ending they have no supplies the creature is out there it's hugery and there the food.
Yea someone Make a Horror film of that! Go for it! I can't do the music but there plenty in the industry that will.

Just watch for the Global Warming Cult!

bad_dog (4 years ago) Reply

Here's a great idea for a movie, Koolz. A bunch of right wing global warming-denying dopes end up living in a world they make worse, while everybody suffers through the effects of global warming.

Based on a true story!

donc48 (4 years ago) Reply

Naw!!! I like Kootz idea better.

Pete (4 years ago) Reply

Or how about a storyline revolving around a humorless leftard that thinks the world is soon ending due to hair spray cans and polution. led by a rather rotund cult leader named Algor he is compelled to post stupid comments on the internet...naw, that is a pretty boring concept.

bad_dog (4 years ago) Reply

LOL. Or how about a movie about a right winger who gets his panties in a knot and cries every time somebody slightly upsets him by *gasp* offering an opinion he doesn't like. Just think how much money you'll make on the movie rights to your exciting life! Who said all those dittos wouldn't get you anywhere? Kudos, girl!

Koolz (4 years ago) Reply

when you say right wing left wing you show me you no nothing(you no nothing)
so I give you...http://wattsupwiththat. com/

Because I am kind. Now I need to check out if there is any cool Scifi Horror Flicks happening anywhere.