Christopher Webster [Celluloid 03.12.15] cyberpunk scifi action adventure

[Editor’s Note: Be sure to like Quiet Earth on Facebook for news and contests on-the-move, discussions with our staff and readers, and more!]

This is barely a story as Tron 3 hasn't even been official greenlit by Disney, but, according to The Hollywood Reporter, Joseph Kosinski is officially attached to direct Tron 3, the follow-up to his own sequel, Tron: Legacy.

The studio is apparently eyeing Fall 2015 production date in Vancouver.

But what does this actually mean? Being attached to a project does not mean a contract has been signed by either party. Kosinski has likely been approached and confirmed interest in directing the next film if the right people come on board. Apparently Garrett Hedlund is attached to return. From here, I expect we'll see more cast announcements slowly come out until the package looks like something Disney can get behind.

I don't know. Maybe I'm being skeptical because I'd like to see this happen. I think Kosinski showed great strides with Oblivion's storytelling. Maybe Tron 3 will be a bit better than the last outing.

Recommended Release: Tron: Legacy

Via: THR

Marina (6 years ago) Reply

I'm not sure why people are so down on this news. TRON 2 was pretty good. What did people expect from it beyond what we got: cool visuals and an interesting story?

Transcendence, Marina. I wanted transcendance!

In all seriousness, the story lost me halfway. As visually interesting as it is, there's something about the way events play out that makes me scratch my head a little. I only saw it the once. I'll probably watch it again here soon. Maybe it'll play better on repeat viewing.

Marina (6 years ago) Reply

Ha! Even Transcendence didn't give us Transcendence!

To me, it makes about as much sense as the original which isn't saying much but there it is. Good performances, looks great and overall, entertaining. Honestly don't think it will play better the second time around. The story problems are more apparent on repeat viewings.

Angel (6 years ago) Reply

I hope Disney gives the official green light for TRON 3, I've been waiting for it for ages! Lol. I heard rumours that Olivia Wilde (though she hasn't been announced for TRON 3) is under contract to return. I hope she does return, no one else can play Quorra like she can. There's a strong possibility that she'll return. She came back and voiced Quorra for an episode in TRON: Uprising, so it looks promising (hopefully)

MrSatyre (6 years ago) Reply

I was seriously disappointed with one scene in Tron 2 in particular: that of the club fight scene wherein Flynn makes his appearance. The setup and music both really made you think Flynn was going to kick some major ass with all of his unique "user" powers, and yet he did nothing except slow a plunging elevator and repair an arm. *sigh*

Funny, I specifically remember that particular sequence being lamely executed as well.

donc48 (6 years ago) Reply

Can't anybody do anything original?

Speedy (6 years ago) Reply

So many options for going forward with the story. Does Quorra bleed or drip bits? What other stuff can they bring across?
Did DaftPunk survive the club explosion???
Imagine a light cycle race against an evil IT firm in the middle of new york. Will happily wait for this to come out, and watch it lots and lots (If it is good.)