Moderator Control Panel ]

Bolt-Action Comments

Stories from our readers.

Moderator: wa5

Bolt-Action Comments

Postby iamdavidbyrne » Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:36 pm

Please leave all comments under this topic so as not to ruin the flow of the story.

“Bolt-Action” is an on-going series that for me is serving as departure from my normal writing style. After coming off two screenwriting projects where the stories were outlined and index carded to death, I wanted to start a story where I wasn’t concerned with act structures and critical page plot points. I wrote down the words, “Bolt-Action” in my idea journal almost two years ago without any preconceived story ideas or notions. I came across it again this week when thinking of a story to write for the site and something stuck. “Bolt-Action” will be a post apocalyptic tale of a group of survivors living in a war ravage New York City after an alien invasion.

I plan on writing in quick bursts and hope to keep updating the story a few times a week. I am not too concerned with self-editing myself so as to give the characters the ultimate right to dictate the direction the story will take. I have some ideas of where things will go I just hope you all enjoy coming along for the ride.

In preparation for “Bolt-Action”, I made a small teaser trailer that I all hope you enjoy. You can find the trailer here:

http://vimeo.com/13016615

Thank you,

David
iamdavidbyrne

Re: Bolt-Action Comments

Postby Saxon Dog » Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:57 am

Good start - go for it!
WHAT ELSE COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG
Saxon Dog

Re: Bolt-Action Comments

Postby iamdavidbyrne » Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:06 pm

I hope everyone has been enjoying the story thus far. It has been a great change of pace, and I really feel the story is coming together. I hope to have another addition to the story some time today.

Thanks,

David
iamdavidbyrne

Return to Fan Fiction