Series tips?

Discuss everything PA.

Moderators: agentorange, wa5

Series tips?

Postby audun » Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:27 pm

Hi, every one! This is my first post, so be gentle and don't bite too hard please:)

I really enjoy watching post apocalyptic series. Started with Jerico, which was actually broadcasted here in Norway, watched everything of that. Never read any of the comic books, though. Are they any good? Then I started watching The Walking Dead and Falling Skies. Just finished The Walking Dead season 2, so I was wondering if there are any good series I have missed? Need something to keep me occupied until the second season of Falling Skies. I'm not very in to animated films, though.

audun
audun

Re: Series tips?

Postby wa5 » Tue May 01, 2012 4:17 am

The original 1970s series of Survivors (written by Terry Nation) is a must see. The later series of the same name was ok, but was cut short after the second season...

The 1981 mini series "The Day of the Triffids" is also very good, avoid the later version, and the 1961 movie however...

Try and get hold of "The Stand" based on Stephen Kings masterpiece of the same name... (just on the Stand, does anybody know the significance of the RF initials for the evil figure?)
wa5

Postby Jeff » Tue May 01, 2012 5:31 am

RF...Randall Flagg. The 'Walkin' Dude".
Jeff

Just puttin' in time waitin' for The Walking Dead...could they shamble any slower, really.
Jeff

Postby wa5 » Wed May 02, 2012 8:35 am

At the end of the book, he wakes up on an island and introduces himself by another name, the initials are still "RF" however...

Also try to find "Dead Set" its a clever zombiefication (perfectly cromulant word :) ), of Big Brother ..
wa5

Postby Pat McNamara » Mon May 21, 2012 7:32 pm

Not sure if it's available on DVD but Jeremiah, JMS's follow-up series to Babylon 5, had it's moments. It aired on Showtime for two seasons (2003-2004), though the second was cut short due to JMS's creative differences with MGM who were producing the series. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremiah_%28TV_series%29
Pat McNamara

Return to Everything Post Apocalyptic