Upcoming apocalyptic novel Solstice

Discuss everything PA.

Moderators: agentorange, wa5

Upcoming apocalyptic novel Solstice

Postby quietearth » Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:59 pm

I got an email today from the Marketing Director at Tragical Mirth Publishing, and she's going to be sending out copies of their new book for us to review soon. The book is due out on October 1st 2007, and you can read the first 3 chapters online! Check it out at:

http://www.verytragicalmirth.com

Let us know what you think! And no it doesn't sound post apocalyptic, but rather apocalyptic, but we'll have to wait and see.
"We're fans first, journalists second."
quietearth
Site Admin

Re: Upcoming apocalyptic novel Solstice

Postby ogresmash » Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:09 am

good read so far, want to read more, will probably pick it up when it comes out.
Well hello Mister Fancypants. Well, I've got news for you pal, you ain't leadin' but two things: Jack and **** ... and Jack just left town
ogresmash

Postby quietearth » Sat Aug 11, 2007 1:23 pm

Hopefully we'll have a review up soon on this.. I'm just about finished with World War Z, so I should start on this next.
quietearth
Site Admin

Postby ogresmash » Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:41 am

World War Z was most excellent, i hope you are enjoying it
Well hello Mister Fancypants. Well, I've got news for you pal, you ain't leadin' but two things: Jack and **** ... and Jack just left town
ogresmash

Postby quietearth » Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:04 pm

Yeah I just finished it, I was disappointed the first half of the book because I was expecting something completely different, namely zombie killin' action, but I started to enjoy all the personal stories, especially the blind Japanese dude who lived in the forest. I can't wait to see what they do with this for a movie.
quietearth
Site Admin

Postby TheDarkOne » Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:22 pm

World War Z has to be one of the best Zombie books of all time - I really liked that it wasnt one continuous story but a collections of memories and excerpts from the survivors. I really feel that the one section detailing the large battle in between the modern army and the zombies streaming out of New York would be one of the pinnacle moments in any horror movie ever. Watching the most powerful military of all time take its lumps would send shivers up my spine for many years to come.

I also think this book might have a better than average chance at being made into a movie considering who the authors father is and all.
TheDarkOne

Postby quietearth » Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:36 pm

I thought I Reproted this somewhere but I couldn't find it. The movie rights for World War Z were bought by Brad Pitt's production company, and I previously reported this latest news on the Zombie movies forum:

Dread-central reported:
The film adaption of Max Brooks' book World War Z will be done by Babylon 5 scribe Jim Straczynski who just turned in his first draft of a script! That is all we know for now, but it's a good sign that the movie is indeed in the works.

So it definitely looks like it's getting made! You're right about the army stuff, I want to see the formation with the mountains of dead zombies around them, sweet!
quietearth
Site Admin

Return to Everything Post Apocalyptic