movie suggestions?

Discuss everything PA.

Moderators: agentorange, wa5

Re: movie suggestions?

Postby projectcyclops » Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:54 pm

soma wrote:children of men - there's not that many films that blow me away. that scene at the end where he walks out of the building still chokes me up now. amazing film.

In many ways it actually reaffirmed my faith in modern cinema... not to come across all heavy or anything, but the direction was sensational, especially during the action scenes which had NO cuts whatsoever for like 15 minutes, just one long take. Must have been a nightmare to choreograph. As a film-maker I was seriously impressed.
projectcyclops

Postby quietearth » Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:40 pm

Geez.. this has turned into a Clive Owen love affair! Ok yeah I like him too.. but I kept comparing the film to the Outer Limits episode with the same storyline. I think I have to go back and watch this one again.
"We're fans first, journalists second."
quietearth
Site Admin

Postby wa5 » Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:35 am

Might I suggest the BBC mini series from the 80s (From John Wyndhams) The Day of the Triffids.. very faithful to the book (unlike the 1962 movie of the same name ).. 3 discs, well worth watching..
also from the Beeb ... The Survivors. a series produced over three seasons ... basically a the series starts as a manmade plague kills just about every one, and follow the lives of the Survivors over the next few years. Covering everyday problems and Idealogical differences between different groups Could be a little difficult to come by outside of the UK however.. I have been trying to source it locally (Australia) for some time.

Enjoy.

Might I also suggest reading "Dont Dream its Over" which is posted on this thread , by Matt V. It is a good read , if you have the time.
wa5

Postby agentorange » Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:43 am

Nice suggestions. I'm currently halfway through series 2 of Survivors and yes it is absolutely amazing. I've seen the 1962 version of Day of the Triffids and have read the book but I've not seen the miniseries yet. It just came out a few months ago on R1 DVD. Must pick up.
Nuke the site from orbit... it's the only way to be sure.
agentorange

Previous

Return to Everything Post Apocalyptic