What would you call your Post Apocalyptic Group?

Discuss everything PA.

Moderators: agentorange, wa5

What would you call your Post Apocalyptic Group?

Postby donc48 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:42 pm

I’ve been watching season one of Survivors, and this group call themselves “The Family”. I think the name is a bit creepy, it congers up a group of serial killers and cannibals roaming the Green and Pleasant land. So I thought I’d put it out there what would you call your group? I’m not sure but the I-25 Radiation Irregulars keeps sticking in my head (No Wolverines and Black Mountain Boys please) :mrgreen:
You cannot win a bet on the end of the world. You're either wrong and lose your money or you're right and can't collect your winnings.

Karl Denninger
donc48

Re: What would you call your Post Apocalyptic Group?

Postby wa5 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:12 am

In "The Omega Man", "The Family", was the title of the group of "Vampires" that Charlton Heston hunted...
So couldnt really use that name on General Principle.

In one of the Simpsons Treehouse of Horors stories, they reffered to them selves as "Normals"... Reckon that would do nicely :)
wa5

Postby Matov » Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:39 pm

What an intriguing question.

With my ‘Maxer’ head on then it would be something like “Mats Mental Marauders” or “Looters Inc”.

But with my serious PA bonce on then I guess that a group of survivors are more likely to be named by others for a variety of reasons be it a geographic location they set up in (the River People or the Hill group and so on) or something identifying them by how they portray themselves. Names would evolve rather than be just given.
And yes, all that ‘Family’ stuff was pretty vomit inducing like most of the modern Survivors series and fitted in with all that cuddly, ‘we are the world’ nonsense. .
Matov

Postby Jeff » Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:22 pm

The "Sortaluckies". :shock:
Jeff

Just puttin' in time waitin' for The Walking Dead...could they shamble any slower, really.
Jeff

Postby wa5 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:22 am

The "Nation" (in Honour of Terry)..
Wyndys
if you are of a fundamental Christian Bent... The Durrants..

If you are a knock about philosopher type who is into steam trains... Cokers Stokers...
wa5

Postby allen_idaho » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:46 pm

Gary. Or maybe Steve.
allen_idaho

Postby Crysee » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:26 am

C.H.O.T.A - Children of The Apocalypse. Of course I am stealing this from the game Fallen Earth but that's okay. :mrgreen:
Crysee

Return to Everything Post Apocalyptic