Trailer for "Where the Wild Things Are"

Our love of film.

Moderator: agentorange

Trailer for "Where the Wild Things Are"

Postby rcdude » Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:44 pm

The trailer for Spike Jone's adaptation of Maurice Sendak's "Where the Wild Things Are" was released today, and thought I it would be fun to show it on here.

Here's a link to the trailer:

http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer/wh ... re/trailer
rcdude

Re: Trailer for "Where the Wild Things Are"

Postby JoeTerror » Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:20 pm

I generally like Spike Jone's work and this looks pretty interesting. It's one of my favorite Sendak books so hoping it's good! The monsters look a tad too muppet-ish but that's ok.
JoeTerror

Postby rcdude » Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:34 pm

Yeah, I like his other works well.

It looks like this is going to have quirky indie tone and feel to it, instead of a big buget fantasy look and feel- like most Disney movies (Which this could have easily ended up being), so it will be interesting if this is marked for little kids to see, because most kids movies don't have the whole indie feel to them.
I remember reading that they did have test screenings on little kids, and the parents complained that movie seemed a little too dark for them, so the filmcrew had to go back and reshoot some things-tp make it slightly lighter.

Muppet-ish is fine with me. Better than typical cgi crap, imo. ;) It gives the monsters a more authentic look.
rcdude

Postby Jeff » Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:08 pm

JoeTerror wrote:I generally like Spike Jone's work and this looks pretty interesting. It's one of my favorite Sendak books so hoping it's good! The monsters look a tad too muppet-ish but that's ok.

Sorry to say but, real monsters look more like us :( Gimme those Muppet monsters any day. I wouldn't go as far as Muppet zombies though. Some things are sacred.
A lady I worked with had her son test for this. I let her know about the trailer. She loved it!! Her son got a part on 300 and she thought it was dark...in a blue screen sort of way.
Jeff

Just puttin' in time waitin' for The Walking Dead...could they shamble any slower, really.
Jeff

Postby stevec50 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:26 pm

The movie does what the book doesn't do, at least for me. It makes the boy likable and sympathetic, where in the book he just comes off as spoiled and is rewarded for that in the end. There doesn't seem to be a message in the book from what I could tell when I read it. Perhaps I'm just too old to appreciate it for what it is.

The movie does appear like something kids might like and parents could bring them to without a problem. We'll see how well it does.
stevec50

Return to Cinema