Mad Max

Our love of film.

Moderators: agentorange, wa5

Mad Max

Postby xtrmn8ngangl » Sun May 17, 2015 10:28 pm

So what does everyone thing about the new Mad Max?

I can't believe this place isn't crawling with impressions...

what's the deal?
xtrmn8ngangl

Re: Mad Max

Postby pleeg3 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:29 am

You know after waiting and waiting so long..... I WAS AFRAID. So AFRAID, what if it bombs, what if George Miller softened up and cast a small pig in a large role, (we all loved Babe Pig in the City). What if I kept asking where's that guy... the guy who made me fall in love with the whole genre? Since I live in the closest thing to a P.A. Wasteland, (Maine), I didn't know if I'd make it to a theater with all the riff raff. I went I saw and as I hoped left asking, when does Mad Max Furiosa come out? Heck when's the one after that? Nice to see a couple familiar faces.... the Ford Falcon and Hugh Keays-Byrne. And I found myself thinking sure why couldn't Toecutter of survived that crash from the original? He'd be a bit cut up and disabled.... like Immortan Joe.
Since I'm from the generation that grew up with the original it had big shoes to fill. Once again I ask when does Mad Max: Furiosa come out....
G/pleeg3
pleeg3

Postby xtrmn8ngangl » Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:31 am

I can't wait to see it, just need to find the time. I hear really only good things from all my friends.
My only fear is success of Mad Max and failure or disappointment a film like Tomorrowland could mean more sequels and reboots and less original films.

Either way, you cannot knock George Miller for making a fun film.
Ill let you know what I think once I see it, this weekend maybe.
xtrmn8ngangl

Postby donc48 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:32 pm

I have to confess I haven't seen it yet, thought about waiting for MMFR to show up at the dollar movies (Ok I'm cheep). It's still on quite a few screens and still has a lot of showings I need to see it. I've made the blood oath to see it this weekend. I will post impressions next week, also your right what's up people? :mrgreen:
You cannot win a bet on the end of the world. You're either wrong and lose your money or you're right and can't collect your winnings.

Karl Denninger
donc48

Postby donc48 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:14 pm

Good day all,

I to was curious why QE wasn't blowing up over the new Mad Max movie. I saw it I loved about 2/3 of the movie. The last 1/3... uh well if you seen it you know what I'm talking about, that came right out of left field other then that the last 1/3....was ok. A couple of things troubled me after thinking about the future of the MM franchise. The complaints that people wanted to see more of the world of MM I agree with. I wonder how they will continue with the franchise, basically when you look at it MMFR was just a long chase, yes an eye popping one, but you can only go to the well so many times. I think Fury Road it was just a bubble off the second move, (I'm counting Mad Max made in 1979 as the first movie). I'm curious what anybody else thinks? Where can they go with this? The third movie MMBTD I'm hot and cold about, Thunder Dome did show something of the world of MM. :mrgreen:
You cannot win a bet on the end of the world. You're either wrong and lose your money or you're right and can't collect your winnings.

Karl Denninger
donc48

Return to Cinema